From v14 onwards, XpressDox Document Automation supports a full integration with DocuSign.
There are some commands you need to know about when authoring templates for DocuSign integration.
Self-hosted XpressDox instance:
If you make use of a self-hosted XpressDox instance, you need to register your XpressDox instance as an Application in DocuSign. Detailed instructions can be found here. If you use our Cloud server then this step is not needed.
Before anything else, add signatories to your template. Specify the name and email address, as well as their signing priority in this command, and note that no signatory details are added into the assembled document. These signatories will receive the email from DocuSign.
Optionally add signatory cc’s to your template, as well as their priority. This command does not add any signatory details into the assembled document. These signatories will receive the email from DocuSign.
The email which the signatories receive can be customized using this command. Again, nothing is added to the template.
Now add signature points to your template:
Insert the signature point of a specific signatory. The signature used in DocuSign will be inserted at this point in the assembled document. Make sure that the first chevron of this command is in white text.
Insert an initial point of a specific signatory. The initials used in DocuSign will be inserted at this point in the assembled document. Ensure that the first chevron of this command is in white text.
Insert the DocuSign date on which a specific signatory signed. The format of the date is controlled by DocuSign. Make sure that the first chevron of this command is in white text.
Integration from your XpressDox cloud account:
- Upload your template to your cloud account, and run it as normal.
- Once assembled, click on the “Send to DocuSign” icon:
- or click on the context menu, and then on “Send to DocuSign”.
- Another command to talk about at this point is ESignAutomaticSend if you want to skip step 2 above.
- You will be presented with the name of the Document, as well as the Recipients, and Carbon Copy Recipients.
- At this point, if you have not yet done so, you will be prompted to enter the information of your DocuSign account. This authentication process needs to occur only once.
- Signatories will now receive their emails and can begin signing in the priority specified in the template.
Managing your eSigning Envelopes
In your cloud account, click Manage>eSigning Envelopes for a list of all documents sent to DocuSign.
Click on any document to open it in your DocuSign account.