XpressDox provides a full integration with iManage
From XpressDox v14 onwards, XpressDox integrates fully with iManage. There are different ways in which you can integrate e.g.
- Run templates from XpressDox cloud, and save assembled documents into the correct iManage Workspace.
- Run templates from the iManage Workspace and save assembled documents back to that Workspace. Although templates are accessed and run from inside iManage, they are stored inside XpressDox.
Whichever way you choose to do it, there are a few steps to follow in order to save assembled documents to iManage. This is an overview article; click on the links provided to access detailed step-by-step instructions.
Watch a quick demo of the XpressDox iManage integration here:
OAuth 2.0 Authentication:
The integration makes use of OAuth 2.0 authentication, which you can read more about here.
Step 1: Cloud iManage or iManage Work / XpressDox Cloud or XpressDox self-hosted?
XpressDox and iManage can be used in different combinations, and depending on those combinations different setups apply.
- If you use Cloud iManage and XpressDox Cloud, send us an email to request access
- If you use Cloud iManage and a self-hosted XpressDox server, then you need to send a request to XpressDox or to your iManage consultant and provide the details specified at this link. This is to get your instance of XpressDox registered as an application in iManage.
- If you use iManage Work and XpressDox Cloud, then follow the instructions at this link. You will specify your own key and secret, and XpressDox will specify the redirect URL.
- If you use iManage Work and a self-hosted XpressDox server, follow the instructions at this link. You will specify your own key, secret and redirect URL.
Configure a Foreign File System in XpressDox
Now configure a Foreign File System in the Desktop product. If you use our XpressDox Cloud or Desktop, simply select your region. Click here for a detailed step-by-step instructions on this configuration process.
Configure your Standard Folders in XpressDox
Next, configure your Standard Folders to control how the assembled documents are saved back into iManage. Click here for a detailed step-by-step instructions on this configuration process.
Set profile properties in your template
Read here for more information about setting profile properties in your templates
Running your templates
Templates can be run from your XpressDox Cloud instance, the Desktop ribbon, or from within iManage. Should you wish to run them from within iManage, an installer can be made available on request. Click here for more information on running templates.