What is a template identifier (template ID):
When a template is uploaded to a cloud environment it is assigned a template identifier. This template ID is used in integrations between XpressDox and 3rd party applications. Because the integrated application needs to refer to the template ID it is important that the ID does not change. The template ID is created and assigned when the template is first uploaded, and stays with the template until that template is deleted.
Template identifiers are not changed when:
- the template or folder is renamed
- the template is moved
- an updated version of the template is uploaded and replaces the old version.
Template identifiers are changed when:
- a template is deleted and re-uploaded
- a copy of the template is made and is such treated as a new template.
How to find a template identifier:
- Click on the icon next to the template to view its context menu, and then on Properties.
- The template identifier is visible as a property. Click on the Copy icon to copy it into your clipboard.