What is it?
XpressDox allows you to share interviews with external clients, so that they capture their own information. This data can then be re-used to generate other documents or forms, saving time on data entry, and improving accuracy of information. Known as XpressDox Document Services, it is ideal for new client take-on or onboarding.
User roles which can share interviews:
|User role||Can share interview (Y/N)|
An Xdds user role is XD Document Services (aka the sharing of interviews).
How to share an interview:
- Run an interview in your XpressDox cloud account.
- Partially complete the interview, and then click on Share Interview. Or choose to leave everything empty and immediately click on Share Interview, and click Yes to proceed to the Share Interview page.
- This page deals with the email to the recipient of the interview; their email address, some settings in and around the interview, the design of the email, as well as what they should see when they’ve completed the interview.
- Enter the Recipient’s email address
- Use either XpressDox’ email, or select Outlook to download an eml file and deliver the email from your email server
- Select to password protect the interview in 1 of 2 ways; either the user can set their own password, or a PIN can be auto generated which you communicate using a different method
- Choose whether they should have access to the final document, or if this is for data gathering purposes only
- Finally select whether this interview link should expire.
- Click Next.
- Next is the invitation email, the invitation to the recipient of the interview containing a link to load the interview.This email can be customized according to your brand. Change the font, add a logo and optionally save this email as a template for future use.
- Click Next to view the “Result” page.
- This is the message the recipient sees after completing the interview. Design the message as you wish, bearing in mind they may or may not have access to the final document, and then click on Finish. Much like the email templates, these messages may also be saved as templates and recalled for use later on.
- Click on Finish. Should you have chosen XpressDox as your email method, the email will now be sent. Should you have chosen Outlook, an eml file will be created and can be downloaded, ready for you to send.
All shared interviews are visible in Manage interviews, accessible via the link presented as soon as an interview has been shared or from the Settings menu.
Each share reflects the number of times an interview has been viewed or assembled (and excludes the number of internal views or assemblies), and to whom it was sent.
Click on the template name for more options about each share.
Clicking on View History gives you a detailed history of the share, and provides links to download any assembled documents or to navigate to datasets.
What the Recipient of the interview can expect to see:
When the recipient of the shared interview clicks on the link in their email, they may have to enter a PIN or set a password depending on preferences you selected in the Share Interview screen. Thereafter, the interview will load in their default browser, using your cloud account’s logo and theme. During the capturing process, the data is saved every 60 seconds, and the user can click Save Data at any point if they wish to leave the interview and return.
All captured data will be remembered should they wish to return to the interview from the link in the interview. The recipient clicks Assemble when done, and the result page is then displayed to them, the page you designed on this screen. Depending on your preferences, they may or may not have access to the assembled document.
When designing templates for sharing:
- If the recipient does not have access to the document you might want to consider changing the name of the Assemble button using the «SetWebButtonText()» command
- Using the «ValidateBeforeShare()» command you can control which validation e.g. Required fields should run before the share is done. That means that certain fields may be Required by the sender of the interview, and others may be required of the recipient
- An element called <XD_isSharedInterviewMode> is added to the dataset when the interview is shared. That means you can test for its presence and show/hide certain fields to the sender or recipient of the interview.
- Make sure that the data is given a descriptive file name. Do this with the «SetSavedDataFileName» and put in an easy to find location «SetSavedDataFolder»
What happens to the data after an interview has been completed:
Data which has been captured by the recipient of the interview is saved back to your cloud account and can be used to populate other templates, provided the data elements names are the same.